I Tweeted throughout the IoT Summit today, cryptic as the comments may have been. You can check them out at @data4all. Learned a great deal, and picked up several nice examples for the e-book I’m writing on implications for corporate management of the IoT!
Enjoy. Will do the same tomorrow!
Huzzah! As you know, I’ve been repeating the mantra that, as technological barriers such as battery size disappear, the most important obstacle threatening full development of the Internet of Things is the linked issues of privacy and security.
That’s why I’m quite honored to announce I’ll be hosting a panel on those issues at the 2013 M2M and Internet of Things Global Summit, to be held October 1 and 2 at the National Press Club in DC!
It’s an impressive panel:
- Mark Eichorn, Assistant Director, Division of Privacy and Identity Protection, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission (the only US agency that’s demonstrated interest in the IoT)
- Dan Caprio, Senior Strategic Advisor, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Warren Fishbein, Independent consultant and former Coordinator of the Global Futures Forum, U.S. Department of State
- Ken Wasch, President, Software & Information Industry Association
- Mike Harris, CEO, Zonoff
Other panels at the summit will discuss a related issue, device security; actualizing the IoT’s benefits; financing the IoT; IoT devices in the 4G era; and global standards.
Major speakers include:
- Edith Ramirez, Chairwoman, FTC
- Chris Vein, Chief Innovation Officer, The World Bank
- Kevin Petersen, Senior Vice President, Digital Life, AT&T
- Ed Tiedemann, Fellow and Head of Standards, Qualcomm
- David Hoffman, Director of Security Policy and Global Privacy Officer, Intel Corporation
- Alicia Asín, Co-Founder and CEO, Libelium
- Chad Jones, VP Product Strategy, Xively
- Chris Rezendes, President, INEX Advisors
- Doug Merritt, Senior Vice President, Product, Solutions & Industry Marketing, Cisco
It should be a great conference. Sign up now! See you there!
PS: What questions do you think I should ask the panelists?